Meet Brian of @g_bque, a passionate home cook/backyard bbq’er with a love of all things cooking. Brian has always enjoyed cooking, but it was the start of his page in 2020 that really awakened his passion.Follow on Instagram
Beef Rib Philly cheesesteaks are a game changer! Full plate beef ribs, smothered in cheez whiz and grilled onions. Yes please! Check out the recipe below.
- Full plate of beef ribs (typically about 6lbs)
- 1/4 beef tallow (optional step)
- 2-3 Tbsp of your favorite all-purpose seasoning
- Cheese Whiz (or cheese of preference)
- Hoagie Rolls
- 1 Sweet onion, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Aluminum Foil
- Using full plate beef ribs, trim any fat/silver skim from the top before
seasoning with your favorite all purpose rub. I make my own using 1 part black pepper, 1/2 part kosher salt, 1/2 part seasoning salt and use about 3 Tbsp worth to season the ribs.
- Season your beef ribs heavily, like you would a brisket and then place
them on the smoker at 250° for about 8 hours. I don’t touch my ribs or wrap them through out the cook. It’s a really easy cook.
- Once your beef ribs hit 203° and are probe tender, pull them off and let
them rest in your Titan by Arctic Zone™ High Performance Hard Cooler for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, add a 1/4 cup of beef tallow and let it rest in your cooler for
another 30 minutes.
- During the last 30 minutes I start to prep for my sandwich. Dice your onion and sauté them over medium heat in 1-2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- While your onions cook, heat up your cheese whiz according to package
- Once your onions are done and your cheese is melted, slice your beef
ribs. I remove the membrane and then give them a rough chop (personal preference). Slice the bones.
- To a hoagie roll, add your beef ribs, onions and cheese whiz. Wrap it tightly in foil for a few minutes before slicing. If you want to impress your friends, add your bone into the sandwich, and then after its’s wrapped, slide the bone out before slicing.