When we opened the doors in 1986, it was with a pretty simple idea – to make products that people loved. In those days, we had no grand plan to become the world’s largest supplier of soft sided insulated products, most days, we were just trying to keep the lights on.
We focused on making great products that were unique, practical and had integrity. Our coolers and lunch bags were like nothing else out there – insulated for better performance, more versatile, and much easier to use. And before long, people started to take notice. So we grew. A lot.
We acquired the Arctic Zone® brand in 2005 and soon after began licensing Columbia® products. Now, over 30 years later, we have offices worldwide and a large team of product designers, graphic designers, fashion and trend experts, marketing folks, and quality control and safety experts. But we haven’t changed what we’ve tried to do since the beginning: create the best soft sided, insulated products in the world.
We Have a Global Presence
Australia • Brazil • Canada • Caribbean • Central America • China • Egypt • United Kingdom • France • Germany • Holland • Hungary • Italy • Japan • Korea • Mexico • Morocco • New Zealand • Portugal • Romania • Russia • Singapore • South Africa • Spain • Taiwan • Turkey • Ukraine • USA
We Make it Happen
• We are supported by an outstanding supply chain, including a skilled sourcing team whose job is to find the suppliers that deliver excellent quality.
• Our experienced Compliance Team ensures that our products are safe and legally compliant (i.e. food contact products are subject to rigorous government and retail standards).
• We have vast experience in ALL retail channels.
• Our Ultra Safe® Protection System ensures that every product we make is lead safe and phthalate and BPA free. We are committed to making sure that we not only meet, but exceed all federal and local safety standards.
• We have the exclusive license for the use of Microban® in soft sided, insulated products and diaper bags. This enables us to offer products that include interior linings with antimicrobial protection against odor and stain causing bacteria.
California Innovations conducts a variety of research throughout the year to help inform product development and expand our knowledge base in core categories.
We conduct research on fashion prints for coolers and adult lunch items by surveying over 1,000 women online and showcase our lunch products in schools where we have interactive discussions with kids in grades K-6. We also employ focus groups and consumer panels and rely on industry specific research. All of the feedback derived from these endeavors provides valuable information that helps us determine the profiles, designs and trends to pursue.
When we present a buyer with recommendations on products and prints, we do so from a well researched and well thought out perspective, honed through many years of experience.